As many people know Tom King is leaving the Batman series in December with Batman #85, However, there will be a special prelude for Batman #86 in the final pages of King’s finale issue. This shouldn’t come as a major surprise that they will tease a new direction in the final pages. The final pages will top off the 48-page issue and finale to “City of Bane”.
According to Newsarama, DC informed retailers of the addition, which describes the two-page story as a “prelude to ‘Their Dark Designs,’ a new epic written by James Tynion IV that gets under way in Batman #86 and touches on the revelation of Superman’s secret identity!”
The description also confirms that the story will be illustrated by Guillem March and will feature an appearance by the Joker, as well as setting up Tynion’s plans for the series in 2020.
- written by JAMES TYNION IV
- art by TONY S. DANIEL and DANNY MIKI cover by TONY S. DANIEL
- card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- It’s a new day in Gotham City, but not the same old Batman. With Bane vanquished and one of his longtime allies gone, Batman has to start picking up the pieces and stepping up his game. Batman has a new plan for Gotham City, but he’s not the only one. Deathstroke has returned as well, under a mysterious new contract that could change everything.
- Beginning a whole new chapter in the life of the Dark Knight, the epic art team of Tony S. Daniel and Danny Miki are joined by new series writer James Tynion IV!
- ON SALE 01.08.20
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
- This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.